First thing you have to know about multiple entry visa is that is available to travelers who wish to enter the country more than one occasion during a specific period of time. The multiple entry tourist visas have validity of either 6 months or 10 years. The multiple entry visas validity of 1, 5 or 10 years. So this will present the requirements that are needed for U.S citizens who obtain a multiple VISA for India.
The Country of India has modified visa requirements several times over the past few months. The most recent change require applicants to submit a copy of either birth certificate or school diploma. Applicants should not send original documents and the Indian visa consular service does not take responsibility for any other original documents that are sent. Other needed requirements include a completed visa application, a valid passport and 2 photos size (personal ID or passport). India is no longer accepting visa applications in which the applicant is wearing glasses in the photo.
Business india visa applicants must also provide a business letter on company where is stated the nature of business to be conducted in India and the name of residence in India. The letter has to also specify the validity and the number of entries that the applicant is requesting and it is also required the sponsor letter from the organization in India which is also required for submitting.
Travelers who are also granted a multiple entry tourist visa application for India are today required to wait 2 months between each visit. And anyone who wants to visit India before the 2 months gap is completed also needs the special permission from the respective head of the basic mission. Requests are now evaluated on a case-by-case basis and there is no guarantee that permission is going to be granted.
As matters for other information’s in recent years, there have been some changes made by the government of India on the Visas being issue for foreign nations. There are also instructions for some new restrictions to the existing visa offerings. Bellow you can find a quick review of other Indian visa types.
- Tourist – there are issued for traveling or sightseeing purposes and have a maximum of 6 months stay in India. In a new law introduced in 2009 by the government of India, it now restricts the re-entry to a gap of at least two months in order to curb visitors who re-enter with a quick few days break after six months approval.
- X – entry – This non-work visa is for foreigners of Indian origin and their dependents. With no restrictions like the tourist visa and this can be extended every six months without leaving the country.
- Employment – This type of visa is guaranteed for foreigners who want to work in India for an Indian registered entity.
- Student – This granted for foreign nations who wish to study India at any of accredited Universities. This also include the yoga studies, Indian dance, and music and Vedic culture.
- Conference – These are issued to delegates and other foreign dignitaries who have been invited by the Government of India to attend conferences.
- Journalist – Professional journalists and photographers associated with press and new agencies available for visa.